Q: Is Thriftco Printing a Union Print shop?
A: Thriftco Printing is a union print shop that has its own union label or “bug” that can be placed on your products upon request.
Q: What is the cost to have artwork created by our team?
A: We have an in house artwork team that can create artwork for customized signs. Please call us at (978) 531-5546 or email us at email@example.com for more information.
Q: Will Thriftco proofread my project for spellings and grammar errors?
A: Thriftco does not proofread for spelling or grammatical errors. We will review your artwork file to ensure the printing and layout specifications are met, but proofreading must be done by you. We provide a final proof for you to review for any errors. Thriftco Printing is not responsible for any type errors/omissions.
Q: What is your payment policy?
A: Payment is due when your order is placed. Mailings are required to be paid in advance before they are released to the Post Office. Please call or email for more information.
Q: Can I cancel my order?
A: There are no refunds or cancellations once the order is placed on templated signs. For custom sign orders - please call us at (978) 531-5546 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Q: Will Thriftco Printing use my artwork or finalized products in their advertisements?
A: Thriftco Printing reserves the right to use any and all products for advertisements or for display samples unless otherwise stated.
Q: For photographic images should I use the CMYK or RGB color mode?
A: We recommend CMYK. We do accept RGB but there may be color variation.
Q: What program does Thriftco recommend its customers to use for artwork?
A: A high resolution PDF file is preferred. We also accept Illustrator and InDesign files. All fonts and links must be included.
Q: What are bleeds, trim and safe area?
* Bleeds - The portion of your design that will be trimmed off when cut to the final size. The purpose of a bleed is to make sure your design or image reaches right to the very edge of the cards, leaving no thin white edges. A standard bleed is .125″ around all sides.
* Trim - This is the final size of your cards, after the ‘bleed’ has been cut off.
* Safe Area - This is an area inside the “Trim.” Being smaller than your final card, the safe area is kept well away from blades and cutting machines, and so this is where you should place your most important information or sections of your design. Anything outside of this area runs a risk of being cut off. For most products, a 0.125" margin is great. For books, 0.25" is preferred.
Q: How much bleed should I build into my printable piece?
A: Thriftco requires adding 1/8″ bleed to your files. Once you create the document’s final size please extend the bleed out beyond the edge of the document.
Q: What is the cost of postage?
A: Postage prices are determined based on the size, weight, and type of each piece. Additionally, there are different rates for the presorted standard rate and the presorted first class rate.
Q: What is a presorted standard rate and what is a presorted first class rate?
- Presorted Standard - The most cost effective way to mail, although, it will take a little longer to get there compared to first class.
- First Class - The most expensive mailing option, but it is the fastest service when trying to get your mail out in a rush!
Q: What type of file format does Thriftco accept?
Q: Do I need a postal permit to mail?
A: No, use Thriftco's postal permit to save the time and money opening a permit at the Post Office.
Q: How much space do I need for the address block?
A: We require a 4.5" wide x 2.5" tall clear white space for the address.
Q: How should I format my list?
|First Name:||Last Name:||Business:||Address 1:||Address 2:||City:||State:||Postal Code:|
|Joe||Smith||Thriftco Printing||56 Pulaski St.||Suite C||Peabody||MA||01960|